Breastfeeding is natural and normal but that doesn’t mean it’s always easy! Research shows that knowledge and support are the keys to a successful nursing relationship with your baby. This 3 hour class gives you the tools and knowledge to start you off on the right foot!
- Preparation while still pregnant
- Why breastfeeding is so important and what breastmilk contains
- How your partner can help
- Establishing a good supply
- Learning your baby’s cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Signs of trouble
- Normal “bumps in the road” and how to overcome them
- Pumping and how to store milk
- What if my baby needs to be in the NICU?
- And more!
Classes are interactive with videos, hands-on dolls used for positioning and handouts to take home. Parents who participate in this workshop may have a FREE in-home consultation when the baby arrives. Whether you want to breastfeed for a few weeks or a few years, this class will give you an excellent jump start on your journey!
This workshop is presented by Jill Snelson, CBE (CBI), LD (CBI), LC (CBI), Placenta Specialist.
Classes meet the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10-1pm.
$69 per couple. Space is limited to 4 couples per workshop.