Breastfeeding is natural and normal but that doesn’t mean it’s always easy! Research shows that knowledge and support are the keys to a successful nursing relationship with your baby. This 3 hour class gives you the tools and knowledge to start you off on the right foot!
- Preparation while still pregnant
- Why breastfeeding is so important and what breastmilk contains
- How your partner can help
- Establishing a good supply
- Learning your baby’s cues
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- Signs of trouble
- Normal “bumps in the road” and how to overcome them
- Pumping and how to store milk
- What if my baby needs to be in the NICU?
- And more!
Classes are interactive with videos, hands-on dolls used for positioning and handouts to take home. Parents who participate in this workshop may have a FREE in-home consultation when the baby arrives. Whether you want to breastfeed for a few weeks or a few years, this class will give you an excellent jump start on your journey!
This workshop is presented by Jill Snelson, CBE (CBI), LD (CBI), LC (CBI), Placenta Specialist.
$69 per couple. Space is limited to 4 couples per workshop.